Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-24 23:55:46

Sxderp

Edit last post act as new post

The best way I can think to convey this is with some scenario description.

Currently when there are new posts from your last visit (or last page refresh) they are highlighted. Once you review the posts they are no longer highlighted. However, if someone where to edit the last post in a thread after it had already been examined it would continue to stay unlight.

What I suggest is that if someone edits the last post in a thread it would consider it as a new post and therefore become highlighted.

I suggest this because nobody likes double posts when you can easily use an edit button, but sometimes when you use the edit button (especially if it is quite a few hours from the original post time) it's likely that an individual will revisit the post and see the edit.

I don't think this would require too much work to implement (whether 1.5 or 2.0) considering Fluxbb already keeps track of post editing.

Last edited by Sxderp (2014-07-25 00:05:18)

#2 2014-07-25 15:42:13

adaur
Developer
Website

Re: Edit last post act as new post

You could take a look at this mod: https://fluxbb.org/resources/mods/bumpsage/

Please excuse my bad english, I'm french tongue.

#3 2014-07-25 16:00:25

Sxderp

Re: Edit last post act as new post

That's pretty much exactly the functionality I was talking about.

Though, what I'm requesting is that the bump/post edit be added to the core rather than an extension. On the other hand, the 'sage' feature seems as if it should stay an extension.

Board footer