Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-21 04:44:00

peter.kehl

Automated functional/regression testing

Hi FluxBB developers,

I see that you have test units in fluxbb-cache. If you'd like to automate functional/regression testing of FluxBB in a browser, you may be interested in SeLite.

It could work well for you especially since FluxBB can have its data in an SQLite DB. SeLite uses a (separate) SQLite DB for test data, so your test data lifecycle would be very easy. However, you can benefit from SeLite even if your instance of FluxBB uses other type of DB.

SeLite plugs into Selenium IDE, which makes creating tests convenient and highly productive. It doesn't require low-level programming skills, so users or designers could contribute new tests. See selite.googlecode.com.

I could create a test framework for FluxBB and provide some basic examples of tests. Would there be any interest on your side?

#2 2014-05-21 08:01:21

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Automated functional/regression testing

I had always thought of using Codeception if I dive into functional testing for v2.0.

Could you provide some basic examples to maybe convince me of your project?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2014-05-21 10:40:09

peter.kehl

Re: Automated functional/regression testing

There's an example for Drupal and for Serendipity at selite.googlecode.com > Apps and Frameworks. It logs a user in, posts random contents and validates it.

The example for Serendipity also creates users with random details and password and logs in as the newly created user. It randomly sets some boolean settings of the user  (e.g. preference for wysiwyg) and it validates that those settings apply to the behaviour of the application.

Board footer