Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-30 15:36:32

ayekat

inline code tags

Good afternoon.

I've done this request earlier today in the Archlinux forum, and I was told that they use a vanilla install of FluxBB, so I should do a feature request here.

I was wondering if there is a possibility to format text pieces in a forum post as inline monospace parts (like HTML's <code>). The current [code] tag is an equivalent to HTML's <pre>, but sometimes I would just like to highlight a piece of text as code without breaking the paragraph.

... such as right now, when I would like to highlight all those [code], <code>, <pre>, etc. wink

Would it be possible to implement something like that?

EDIT:
As I've just discovered, that request has already been made three years ago. Is there any progress on that one?

Last edited by ayekat (2013-06-30 16:05:45)

#2 2013-06-30 16:38:26

aliasm2k
Website

Re: inline code tags

I think you have to just modify the CSS corresponding to the theme you have selected.
Spoiler: The work is going to be quite hard.

#3 2013-07-05 23:02:06

ayekat

Thanks for the answer! (I thought I was subscribed to this topic, but apparently no; I'm sorry)

If I understood this right, I should just change the definition of [code] from a block element to an inline element? This would nuke the <pre>-like elements, so it's not what I am searching for.

Or I misunderstood it. But then again, I have no control over the theme, as I am simply a user on that forum (and if the CSS change was the way I think I understood it, I don't see a reason why the administrators would do that).

May I ask if there is a specific reason why FluxBB is lacking an inline code tag?

#4 2013-07-06 10:26:11

Franz
Lead developer
Website

It's been like that for a long time. I guess it was just not needed in the beginning. I agree, it's more or less a no-brainer. Will add that in v2.0.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2013-07-07 21:24:26

ayekat

Franz wrote:

Will add that in v2.0.

OK, thank you!

EDIT:
Since the [code] tag is already taken, perhaps you could use something like [mono]? smile

Last edited by ayekat (2013-07-07 21:50:04)

Board footer