Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-16 10:06:43

The Marquis de Hoto

Polls

Are forum polls going to be a feature in the next version? I did a search but couldn't find anything on them.

It's not a huge issue if they're not, I can always develop them myself, would just be handy and one less thing for me to do tongue

#2 2013-06-16 11:49:14

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Polls

Not in core, no. There are mods for the current version, and I'm sure extensions will be quickly developed for v2.0.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2013-06-16 11:56:55

Trace
Website

http://fluxbb.org/resources/mods/?s=key … all&o=name

I also won't have this feature in the core. It's unnecesary and personally I hate them (that's not an argument to not add polls into core, but I'm just saying).
IMO on boards polls are useless. If user want express an opinion, he do that - by posting. Voting in polls gives for me nothing - only an information with which I can't do anything. By posting there is created a substantive discussion. You are constructively writing why so and not so.

Sorry for my English, it was so difficult to write this for me smile.
Ciao,
Trace

My FluxBB 1.5.8 styles:
DarkAce | Sadness

#4 2013-06-16 11:57:56

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Well, polls are great for getting an overview of all the opinions, though, to be fair. Much simpler than scrolling through and reading all the posts in a topic.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2013-06-16 12:01:22

Trace
Website

Franz wrote:

Well, polls are great for getting an overview of all the opinions, though, to be fair. Much simpler than scrolling through and reading all the posts in a topic.

That's a fake overview. Also in most cases you mustn't know that. You are only "live" discussing on a topic subject. And for example an administrator want know if there is a sense to organise a contest anyway he should read the whole topic and the whole opinions.
Hope you understand me wink.

My FluxBB 1.5.8 styles:
DarkAce | Sadness

Board footer