Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-30 09:29:29

Nacht

Add nickname/displayname and use username just to login

Greetings!

I know people tend to ignore security at all, and most people would choose the same name for "nickname" and "username", ignoring all the messages and warnings you'd throw in their faces.

Anyways, I'd really love to see a distinction between username and nickname. The nickname would be public, used everywhere around the forums, while the username would serve the sole purpose of login in.

Well, today many people are used to login with their email-adress and the decision should be upon the admin, but still I'd like to have this feature and it's nothing I'd really love to hack in.

Kindest regards,
Nacht

#2 2012-07-30 18:52:11

Newman

Re: Add nickname/displayname and use username just to login

so you want users to login via email?

#3 2012-07-31 08:13:54

Nacht

Re: Add nickname/displayname and use username just to login

Newman wrote:

so you want users to login via email?

No, that wouldn't be a problem.

I want a distinction between "username" (which is solemly used to login a user, and for *nothing* else!), and a display/nickname which is displayed and used in public.

So, maybe "Nacht" would be my nickname and showed eveywhere around the forums, while "LK627Ö256" would be my username to login.

What I wanted to say with the "E-Mail"-Part is, that many sites already use emails to login which is pretty dumb from a security point of view, because most email-adresses are known to others, while it's pretty comfortable too.

I just want to add another barrier.

Board footer