Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-11 23:30:38

em

Hide Member IP addresses from Moderators

Hello FluxBB community, I am brand new here having just installed FluxBB today. The first thing to say is thank you for such wonderful software filled with so much potential. In most ways it is just what I need.

The very first thing I noticed though was that all of my Moderators will be able to see the IP Addresses of all of our Members. I find that uncomfortable and I know that many of my Moderators will also. The value in logging IPs is understood but that should perhaps be accessible to Administrators if anyone at all.

Moderators should be able to delete and edit content but not have access to such under-the-hood information which many consider to be somewhat-private.

I am hoping for one or more of the following:

• Tell me how to hide IP Addresses from Moderators

• Point me to a plugin that will hide IP Addresses from Moderators

• Urgently consider making the ability to hide IP Addresses from Moderators a priority for future plugins or releases

But ultimately and most importantly, thank you again for all you do in creating a valuable work of software.

Last edited by em (2014-01-11 23:31:28)

#2 2014-01-11 23:45:29

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Hide Member IP addresses from Moderators

Welcome! I hope you're enjoying FluxBB so far. smile

Thanks for your feedback! This topic should help you.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer