Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-06 19:12:21

Earnestly

Implicit Subscriptions

Hi,

I'd like to talk about "Implicit Subscriptions".  Unlike a normal subscription which involves receiving email notifications, these are subscriptions which populate your "Posted" threads list. 

Over time some threads can become rather noisy or one might lose interest in then.  Because of this I would like to request a feature to remove these threads from the list—in essence—to stop receiving notifications of new posts for them when following the "Posted" url.

Thanks

Last edited by Earnestly (2013-12-06 19:12:50)

#2 2013-12-07 10:55:46

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Implicit Subscriptions

Hey and welcome! smile

Do I understand you correctly that you want a kind of "favorite" feature with which you can watch any topic you like and have a special page that shows them and makes it clear whether there are any new posts?

If so, this is planned for 2.0, basically.

You can simulate this behavior with just subscribing to topics and viewing them through the "Show all subscriptions" link in your profile. There's currently no way to disable sending the notification emails, but you could probably create a filter in your email program if they annoy you.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2013-12-08 23:28:29

Earnestly

Franz wrote:

Do I understand you correctly that you want a kind of "favorite" feature with which you can watch any topic you like and have a special page that shows them and makes it clear whether there are any new posts?

Oh no, those are explicit.  What I'm referring to is how you effectively "subscribe" to any topic you post in because they appear in your "Posted" threads.

This makes a lot of sense and is a handy feature but I would like the ability to remove these from that specific list just to avoid threads which have snowballed and become uninteresting.

A way to filter out any threads you have posted in which show up in the "Posted" section.

Last edited by Earnestly (2013-12-08 23:28:58)

#4 2013-12-10 21:45:19

Franz
Lead developer
Website

In your profile, on the "Privacy" tab, you can choose to "Automatically subscribe to every topic you post in". Is that what you want?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer